Fast and easy, yet BIG on flavor! This beef stir fry with a luscious honey pepper sauce comes together in about 15 minutes… perfect for a weeknight!
Are you sick of my Asian takeout meals yet? I hope not… because this one is pretty awesome! It’s not too often you can put a meal on the table in 15 minutes… but this one, you can. The nature of a stir fry is that it’s quick-cooking, but with the delicious honey garlic pepper sauce, it tastes like you slaved over it for much longer.
I know, I know… another takeout-style meal… I must be nuts right? This meal is too delicious to not share with you all. I can’t take credit for this recipe, it comes from my friend and recipe genius, Nagi from RecipeTin Eats 🙂
Her blog is just filled to the brim with delicious recipes and gorgeous photos! I’ve made so many of her recipes, and I knew this one would be a winner.
The only real change I made was to add a bit more garlic (because I’m a garlic freak!), add a bit of sriracha, and to serve it with sesame seeds and a few snips of chives. It’s about as simple as a recipe gets… and only takes 15 minutes! Eeeeeek, love that!
That sauce…. O.M.G. It’s phenomenal… you
might will want to eat it by the spoonful 😉 Just 7 ingredients, yet it tastes like a complicated exotic sauce!
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that the prep work (slicing the onion and beef and mincing the garlic) takes longer than the actual cooking lol. So that means you can make this even faster by prepping things earlier in the day.
That’s what I did here… I sliced my steak and kept it in the refrigerator in a sealed bag, sliced my onion and garlic and kept it sealed in the fridge, and cooked my rice earlier in the day as well. When it came time for dinner, it took me about 5-6 minutes to get dinner on the table.
You could easily add some colorful veggies to this stir fry… I do it sometimes as well. My favorite thing to do is to serve some spicy string beans alongside!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine or substitute with beef stock
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- STIR FRY:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 in small onion sliced half
- 1 lb flank steak sliced thinly, across the grain
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Add oil to a large heavy skillet (or wok if you have one) and heat over HIGH heat until oil is very hot and smoking slightly.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and saute for 1 minute, careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Next, add the sliced flank steak and stir fry for about 1 minute. Slide beef, onion and garlic onto a plate and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to MED/MED HIGH and add the whisked sauce to the skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute, until sauce becomes thicker and syrupy.
- Add the beef, onion, and garlic back to the skillet (make sure to get all the juices that were on the plate too, that’s flavor!).
- Heat until warmed through and coated in the sauce.
- Be sure not overcook the beef – you want tender pieces of steak, not chewy ones!
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and chopped chives/scallions if desired.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.