Summer meets Fall in these apple cider orange and thyme grilled pork chops.. deliciously juicy and tender with a finger-licking glaze! A “must try” recipe!
Boneless pork chops rubbed with a delicious spice mixture, grilled to charred perfection, and brushed with a finger-licking apple cider, orange and thyme glaze…. a perfect dish to welcome the Fall season!
I love love love apple cider! There’s a farm about 15 minutes from us where you can pick your own apples and they have a shop where they have the most delicious apple cider… ahhhhh I’m about drooling just writing about it!
Apples and pork go really well together and the addition of the orange and thyme is just a yummy little zip that I know you’ll love.
I love how quickly this meal comes together! Just 30 minutes or less. I’ve been on a fast meals kick lately, like my 15 Minute Honey Pepper Beef Stir Fry 🙂
I found this great recipe on Pinterest from Delightful E Made, then added a few little things of my own. Just mix together the rub spices and olive oil until it’s a dry paste consistency and rub all over the pork chops.
Let them sit for a few minutes to let the rub really sink in, while you whisk together the sauce and bring it to a boil, then reduce and simmer. If you have nice weather near you, by all means, take these out to your outdoor grill!
As the pork is cooking, you’ll want to continually baste it with the sauce, it’s what will give you that incredible glaze.
As a quick side I sliced up some red delicious apples and grilled them alongside the pork chops, but that’s totally optional. Some Stick of Butter Rice or Slow Cooker Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes would be awesome alongside as well!
You’ll want to save that sauce that’s been simmering away, to drizzle over the pork chops right before serving… not only does it look stunning, more flavor is always great!
Feel free to try this sauce and rub with some chicken breasts as well… it would be equally delicious!
Be prepared to have this be your new favorite way to have pork chops! I prefer the ease of the boneless chops, but bone-in would probably be even better 😀
I like to garnish my chops with a little fresh thyme leaves, but that’s optional as well. I hope you all make and love these!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1 - 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork chops
- SPICE RUB:
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme minced (can substitute 1/4-1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- CIDER GLAZE:
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine cider glaze ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk to combine. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to LOW and simmer.
- Preheat your grill pan or outside grill over MED/MED-HIGH heat.
- Add spice rub ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Mixture will resemble a dry paste.
- Dry pork chops then rub liberally with spice rub mixture. Really massage it into the meat.
- Once grill is hot, spray with cooking oil then place the pork chops on the grill.
- Brush with the sauce that's been simmering and grill for about 4 minutes or so.
- Flip chops over, brush with sauce, and grill for about 4 minutes.
- Continue to liberally brush the chops with the glaze as they cook, and once they're cooked through, remove them to a plate to rest for a few minutes.
- Drizzle chops with some remaining sauce and sprinkle with fresh thyme before serving.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
** Recipe adapted from Delightful E Made
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.