Tis the season for cookies… and who doesn’t love a good cookie? How about a cookie that uses no eggs and comes together super quickly? Even better!
I love the flavors of butter pecan, and these cookies do not disappoint! I tested these out on my family a little ways back and let’s just say that I definitely should have doubled the recipe… they went quickly! These cookies would be a cute homemade gift to give away this holiday season… wrap them up in some cellophane and tie with a holiday ribbon 🙂 They’ll be begging you for the recipe, I’m sure of it!
These are also a great recipe for your kids to help you with… they can help you roll the cookies into balls and roll them in the sugar 🙂 Using only 6 ingredients, the flavor of these cookies will surprise you… in a good way!
I’ve been baking my tail off for this holiday season, and although it may be too late for you to add any more baked goods to your to-do list… you should save this recipe for anytime you want a delicious cookie.
Once the dough has come together, it will be pretty crumbly… so much so that you may worry that they won’t hold together. Trust me on this, they will 🙂
Ignore my creepy purple-red hand and see how the dough sticks together once it’s been formed into the ball? That’s what you want. Just roll the ball in some granulated white sugar until it’s coated, and place on your baking sheet.
You’re probably thinking… “um, I’m pretty sure I know what cookies on a baking sheet look like… duh”, but I wanted to give you a tip. You’ll notice that my cookies are not on any parchment paper or silpat. They’re directly on the baking sheet, the ungreased baking sheet. Usually I always use parchment paper for easy cleanup and no fear of cookies sticking to the pan… but this time, I had just run out. Grrrrrr. But these cookies baked beautifully with no sticking whatsoever 🙂
Mmmmm, now I want these again!
Recipe adapted from Bake Bellissima
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature 1 stick
- 1/3 cup sugar plus more for coating
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, toast pecans about 6 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool, finely chop.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream butter and ⅓ cup sugar until light, about 1 minute.
- Beat in salt, vanilla, and flour, scraping down sides of bowl, just until dough comes together. Fold in pecans.
- Shape dough into small golfball sized balls.
- Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart, on a baking sheet. Gently flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!