In an effort to try out new veggies, I cooked cauliflower with my MONGOLIAN BEEF. I know, I know… cauliflower isn’t exactly a “new” vegetable lol… but usually we just eat it raw, not cooked 🙂 I saw the recipe online and it had our name written allll over it. I didn’t add any changes this time, but next time I think I’ll add some cayenne for more heat.
I love how there’s hardly any prep to this side dish. You just chop up the cauliflower 🙂 To make things even more simple, if your grocery store has bags of cauliflower florets in the produce section, you could just buy those and save yourself the chopping. The most cost effective way however, is to buy a whole cauliflower and chop it yourself. It doesn’t take much time at all, I promise you. Here’s what a whole cauliflower looks like…
Just slice it in half and chop each half into the florets, and get them in the pan to get caramelized and spicy!
This recipe partied at Fiesta Friday
Recipe adapted from Williams Sonoma
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 shallot minced finely
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp water
- Juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into 1" florets. You could also buy these pre-packaged to save yourself a little time.
- Heat a skillet with 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter to medium heat. Add cauliflower and a pinch of salt. Cook 3-4 minutes. Toss or flip each piece over, cook for 3-5 minutes more.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil, minced shallot, red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add honey and water, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the cauliflower, cook another 30 seconds. Remove to serving bowl and enjoy.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!