Chicken Cordon Bleu Stuffing Casserole
This chicken cordon bleu casserole has layer after layer of great classic cordon bleu flavors, topped with a savory stuffing and baked until bubbly!
Soon to be a family favorite, this chicken cordon bleu casserole is rich, hearty, and incredibly easy to prepare!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods NatureRaised Farm. The opinions and text are all mine.
The holidays are such a crazy time. If you’re not planning a get together, you’re working on a menu, buying gifts, wrapping gifts, decorating, pulling your hair out because the kids are out of school and going stir-crazy, and random guests can stop over at just about any time. Pure craziness, but in a good way! The last thing you feel like doing during this time of the year is slaving away over a dinner than takes multiple hours and dirties a ton of dishes right? Well I’m here to share with you guys my family’s GO-TO one-pan comfort food dish… the chicken cordon bleu casserole.
This casserole has some seriously amazing flavors going on… all the creamy, cheesy cordon bleu flavors we all know and love, plus some extra herbs in the cream sauce, and a topping of buttered savory herb stuffing! Usually kids can be pretty picky, but my kids devour this dish… even going back for seconds!
For the ham in this chicken cordon bleu casserole, I love to use NatureRaised Farms Uncured Smoked Sliced Ham. I love that it’s uncured and has no antibiotics, ever. You can find NatureRaised Farms ham in the deli cooler at Sams Club.
This casserole takes just minutes to prep, and you can even do some things to prep ahead and make it even easier!
Ways to Prep Ahead:
- Dice chicken breasts into 1″ pieces and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator
- Tear NatureRaised Farms ham into 1″ pieces and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator
- Combine cream of chicken soup with milk and seasonings and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator
- You can even double the recipe, make both up (excluding the stuffing), keep one in the refrigerator for a few hours until you want to bake it, cover and freeze the second one for another meal!
Since you won’t have to spend more than 10-15 minutes prepping this meal, then it just bakes, unattended for 45 minutes, you’ll have more time to spend with your family! So how will YOU spend that extra time?
Helpful Ideas To Spend Your Free Time:
- Go through an old photo album with your family
- Go outside and make snow angels or go for a brisk walk around the neighborhood
- Play hide and go seek with your kids
I love to serve this chicken cordon bleu casserole as is, with a side of vegetables or a side salad… but some people prefer to serve it on top of a plate of buttered egg noodles or steamed white rice.
Because I’m such a huge fan of NatureRaised Farms® Ham, I’m giving away another $50 Sams Club gift card so you can pick some up and try it for yourself!
Enter below for a chance to win!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 3 raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices NatureRaised Farms Ham Torn into 1" pieces
- 6-8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 box Herbed Stuffing (I use Stove Top brand)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and spray 3 quart baking dish (13x9") with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover bottom of baking dish with bite sized chicken pieces. Sprinkle with dried thyme, paprika, salt and pepper. Top with torn ham pieces.
- Place Swiss cheese slices on top of ham and chicken, so they are covered.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, milk, parsley, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Spoon mixture over top of the cheese and spread to cover pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry stuffing mix with the melted butter. Sprinkle over the top of the baking dish, so it is covered in buttered stuffing.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Casserole can be served over rice or buttered egg noodles, or served as is.
- Casserole can be frozen.
- After cream of chicken mixture is added to the dish, cover tightly with foil and freeze.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then top with buttered stuffing and bake as directed.