Who needs take out? Not us! And not you either 🙂 I’m usually not a big chicken wing fan (unless you count boneless), because there isn’t a whole lot of meat on regular wings… and yeah… I like to eat… a lot 😛 But, I found this baked chicken wings recipe on Pinterest and wow… not only was it super easy because the wings are baked and there’s no babysitting them, but the flavor is really deep 🙂 They got mixed reviews in our house because hubby thought they were a tad too sweet, even though I added some cayenne pepper… so maybe next time I’ll add some sriracha sauce to the mix 😉 Served alongside some SESAME NOODLES with scallions and some CRAB RANGOONS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE… it’s quite the flavorful meal!
Although I made these baked chicken wings with a an Asian hoisin and blackberry sauce, you could use this same baking method to transform these into your own amazing baked chicken wings! Not only are they healthier, since there’s no frying, but you also can just pop them in the oven and go rest or do other things (like read certain awesome food blogs, hehe). How awesome is that? Great wings that don’t sacrifice on flavor or crispiness, but that you don’t have to literally stand there babysitting the wings in the hot oil… sounds too good to be true doesn’t it? Trust me on this one… you just have to try them!!
I don’t really have many step by step pictures this time, my daughter was sick at the time I was making these baked chicken wings, so I was a bit distracted. But honestly, it’s a simple recipe to follow and there wouldn’t have been a whole lot of steps to photograph anyway 🙂 We love our simple recipes around here!
So the next time you’re craving some wings, don’t heat up your fryer, just hop on here to get this recipe and get to baking some deliciousness!
Recipe adapted from Just a Taste
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings tips removed and drumettes and flats separated
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Chinese 5 spice
- pinch salt and pepper
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse wings and pat dry. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with vegetable oil and spice blend until well coated.
- Place a baking rack onto a foil lined baking sheet. Lay wings onto baking rack, not letting
- wings touch.
- Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove wings from
- oven and transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together hoisin and blackberry jam in a small saucepot over medium-low heat until
- Drizzle wings with sauce, tossing until well coated. Garnish with sliced green onions and
- sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!