Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken
A simple and easy marinade gives this tequila lime chicken an incredible flavor! Perfect on the grill, with a salsa, or in a taco/burrito bowl!
Another chicken recipe… I know, I know… I swear we eat more than just chicken 😉 Although honestly, we eat a LOT of chicken! It’s inexpensive, fun to change up the flavors, and healthy 🙂 This chicken recipe is one of my all time favorites… because it’s SO versatile! Not to mention, it uses booze 😉
You may recognize that SALSA, it’s the Strawberry, Jalapeno and Pineapple Salsa I posted on Monday. These two are just made for each other!
The spiciness of the chicken, mixed with the zing from the lime, and topped off with the sweetness of the salsa… you won’t be able to stop making this dish 🙂
The marinade comes together super quickly and uses common spices you probably have in your spice cabinet 🙂 Add the spices to the citrus juices, oil, and tequila and whisk to combine. Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts in a zip top plastic bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
Now just fire up your grill (or be like me and send the chicken out to your grill master husband), and grill until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear (about 8 minutes per side, depending on how thick your breasts are).
You just can’t beat that char from grilling! If the weather is nasty, you could sear this chicken up in a skillet though 🙂
I like to squeeze a little fresh lime juice over the chicken before serving!
And of course, top it with some minced cilantro and a generous helping of the strawberry salsa!
This tequila lime chicken is perfect just as is… but also makes a very delicious base for a chicken taco or chicken burrito bowl 🙂
Do you all grill? I keep saying I’ll learn to master it, but yet I don’t lol. I can work an indoor grill pan, but when it comes to outside grilling, my husband is the expert!
Whether you do it, or send it outside for someone else to grill, I hope you all give this chicken a try… you won’t regret it 🙂
Recipe adapted from The Kitchen Wife
Never miss a recipe!
Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken
- 3-5 boneless - skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 limes - zested and juiced
- 1 orange - juiced
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Fresh minced cilantro (optional - for garnish)
- Lime wedges (optional - for garnish)
- Trim chicken breasts of any fat and set aside.
- Combine marinade ingredients (from tequila down to pepper) in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Alternatively, you could add the marinade ingredients to a zip top plastic bag, seal it, and shake well to combine.
- Add chicken breasts to the marinade, and either cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap or seal the plastic bag. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill over MED/MED-HIGH heat. Brush your grill with a little vegetable oil and grill chicken for about 8 minutes per side, until cooked through and juices run clear.
- Let chicken rest for about 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
- If desired, top chicken with a squeeze of lime juice and minced fresh parsley.
- Spoon some strawberry jalapeno and pineapple salsa over the top.
If changing the recipe serving quantity, the recipe plugin will change the ingredient values for you, but it does NOT change the written instructions, those are manually added and not subject to a slider/button. You will have to extrapolate that multiplication to any amounts listed in the instructions.
For example: if an ingredient calls for 4 cups, and you doubled the recipe, it will automatically change to 8 cups. In the instructions, if I say “use 4 cups of cheese”, you will have to realize that since you doubled it, you use 8 cups, not 4
Linked to Made By You Monday | Melt in Your Mouth Mondays | Munching Mondays | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesdays | Try a New Recipe Tuesday | Take A Look Tuesday | Totally Talented Tuesdays | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party | Simple Suppers | What’s Cooking Wednesdays | Whimsy Wednesdays | The Wednesday Roundup | Wordless Wednesday | Showcase Your Talent Thursdays | Full Plate Thursdays | Favorite Things Blog Hop | Foodie Fridays | Fiesta Fridays | Pure Blog Love | Pin Junkie Pin Party | Foodie Friends Friday | Foodie Friday and Everything Else | Fresh Ideas for Your Home | Friday Favorites | Show Stopper | Best of the Weekend | Show and Tell Saturday | Link Party Palooza | Saucy Saturday