Tender, juicy, tequila lime chicken is nestled into soft corn tortillas and topped with a smoky sweet grilled pineapple salsa for the most delicious tacos!
Definitely not your average tacos… these tequila lime chicken tacos are a total knock-out!! The slightly spicy and tender chicken goes so perfectly with the grilled pineapple salsa… these tacos taste better than those overpriced ones they sell at restaurants these days.
Well we’ve had quite the fun weekend! We visited with family on Saturday and my daughter got her ears pierced 🙂 Then yesterday was a lazy day at home, plus my father-in-law brought down a playset he found for the kids… so I have a feeling once it’s all put together and the weather stays dry (c’mon Ohio!!), we’ll be outside just about every second of every day!
Plus… it’s Cinco de Mayo week!! That’s right… I feel it should be a week-long celebration. I mean there are just WAY too many amazing meals that need eating, and even I can’t eat them all in one day! One of my favorites is an easy, all-purpose grilled tequila lime chicken. This chicken is amazing by itself, shredded up for some burritos, on top of some cheesy nachos, or in a delicious taco!
It has such a bright flavor from the citrus! You may recognize the name from a recipe I shared last year where I topped the grilled chicken with a sweet and spicy strawberry jalapeno salsa… and it’s definitely NOT one you want to miss… but I’ve been on a pineapple kick here lately, so I whipped another quick salsa. Grilled pineapple and corn salsa! It’s sweet from the corn and pineapple, spicy from the jalapeno, savory from the red onion and cilantro, bright from the lime juice and deliciously smoky from grilling the corn and pineapple. I could, (and have!) eat this salsa by the spoon!!
The flavors all work realllllly well together, but I think you could top just about anything with the salsa. I think the next time I make it, I’ll try it over some slow cooker pork carnitas!
What’s your favorite Cinco de Mayo meal? I think it would be impossible for me to pick just one. But, then again, I have a serious obsession with Mexican food of all kinds lol. I drive my family crazy by planning at LEAST 1-2 Mexican-inspired meals each week… #sorrynotsorry
Well I’m off to go make some breakfast for the family… but before I run off, in case you didn’t see it yet, I’ve made a fun Facebook group for my readers! It’s a place where people can share their cooking creations, (bonus points for #thechunkychef ones lol), chat with other members about cooking and baking, and of course, ask questions and get cooking advice. I’d love to have you join! Click HERE to request to join, and I’ll get you added 🙂
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 2 breasts Tequila Lime Chicken (click link for recipe)
- FOR THE SALSA:
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 ear of corn husks and silks removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- FOR THE TACOS:
- Soft corn tortillas or flour if you prefer
- Diced avocado
- Shredded red cabbage
- Any other toppings you prefer
- Cook chicken according to recipe, then set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, make your salsa.
- Heat grill over MED-HIGH heat and brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Grill pineapple and corn for several minutes, until charred.
- Remove to a plate to cool.
- Add remaining salsa ingredients to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Carefully slice corn kernels off of the cob, and dice pineapple.
- Add to mixing bowl with salsa ingredients and stir to combine.
- Slice chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.