A combination of two classic foods… buffalo chicken wings and mini tacos. Complete with crunchy carrot and celery slaw and creamy blue cheese dressing!
You guys, it’s almost football season!! Woohoo! I don’t know what I like more, the game, or the snacks that we eat as we watch the game 😉 Sometimes making the game day food can be a bit tedious and too time consuming, but not these buffalo chicken tacos!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Which do you like more, tacos or chicken wings? Man, that’s a tough decision isn’t it? Well now you don’t have to chose. That’s right… I combined the two in some ahhh-mazing buffalo chicken tacos! And they’re mini, so they’re the perfect little 2-3 bite snack!
This recipe actually gets even better though, because it will take you 15 minutes to cook these bad boys! Just 15 minutes… and it includes making a blue cheese dressing from scratch 😉
To start, get your oven preheating and line a baking sheet with foil.
While it’s heating up, go ahead and make your blue cheese dressing.
Just whisk all your ingredients together and set it aside for later 🙂
Arrange your boneless chicken bites in a single layer on your baking sheet and bake as directed on the product box. Place the included sauce packet in a bowl of hot water to thaw.
While the chicken is baking, get your ingredients together for your celery/carrot slaw.
I used a bag of pre-shredded cole slaw and pre-shredded carrots, then just thinly sliced up some celery. Make it easy on yourself, take a little help from the grocery store 🙂
The last thing to do is to make your mini soft taco shells. For that, you’ll want to use the large burrito sized flour tortillas. I was going to use my biscuit cutter to make small rounds, but my cutter wasn’t large enough, so I grabbed a small little mixing bowl and used it to cut 2 rounds out of each tortilla.
Now the chicken should be finished cooking, so place the chicken bites in a mixing bowl and toss with the buffalo sauce.
Now it’s time to make the tacos!
Start off with some slaw in the center of the tortilla, top with a couple buffalo chicken bites, top with some more slaw, and then drizzle with plenty of creamy blue cheese dressing.
Ta-da! The perfect party food 😀
I hope you guys give this one a try… I know you’ll LOVE it!!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- Flour tortillas burrito sized
- Celery stalks sliced thinly
- Carrots shredded (I used a bag of pre-shredded carrots)
- Cole Slaw mix or thinly sliced green cabbage
- Farm Rich boneless buffalo chicken bites
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven according to temperature on the buffalo chicken bites box. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Arrange boneless chicken bites in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake, according to package directions. Place included buffalo sauce packet in a bowl of hot water to thaw.
- While chicken is baking, combine the sliced celery, carrots and cabbage in a bowl and set aside.
- Use a biscuit cutter, mouth of a drinking glass or opening of a small bowl to cut rounds out of the flour tortillas, and set aside.
- Add cooked chicken bites to a mixing bowl and toss together with the buffalo sauce.
- To the center of each tortilla round, add a little bit of celery/carrot slaw, a couple boneless buffalo chicken bites, top with a bit more slaw, and drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
- Secure each taco with a toothpick to hold it's shape.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.