Deliciously sweet and spicy, these crockpot chicken tacos are full of great mango pineapple flavor. At only 1 weight watchers smart point per serving, they’re perfect for a healthy take on taco night!
Taco night is a great family tradition, but can be a little on the unhealthy side. These mango pineapple chicken tacos are made easily in the slow cooker and are super healthy… only 1 smart point per serving!
Do you have an all-time favorite type of food? That one kind of food that you are ALWAYS in the mood for? For me, much to my husband’s dismay, it’s Mexican food. Burritos, taquitos, enchiladas, empanadas, chimichangas, nachos, tacos and more! I’m totally craving some Mexican food right now lol.
As much as I love it, I know it’s not generally the healthiest food around. But not these chicken tacos! Using Weight Watchers new freestyle program, they’re only 1 smart point and under 180 calories per serving (not including the wrap).
I love that these are so good for you, so I can have an extra taco or two, and I don’t have any of the guilt!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHICKEN TACOS
You can really make chicken tacos a number of different ways, but my favorite way is to make them in the crockpot, so the chicken shreds beautifully! To keep the point value low, we’re using boneless, skinless chicken breasts, which don’t take all that long to cook. 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high is all you need!
HOW TO SERVE MANGO CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACOS
That’s totally up to you! I purposefully didn’t include tortillas in the nutritional information, as they can vary quite a bit from type to type. Alternately, you can wrap these chicken tacos up in a lettuce wrap, which adds no point value.
If you wanted to, you could omit the brown sugar from the recipe, and then these chicken tacos would be zero points. ZERO. How awesome is that? I love the extra bit of sweetness the brown sugar adds, but it’s definitely not 100% necessary. Omitting the brown sugar and the granulated sugar means that nearly all the carbohydrates/sugar in this recipe would be coming from the fruits and vegetables, so they’d be natural sources of sugar.
- Slow Cooker – I’m a huge fan of Hamilton Beach slow cookers, and I love the latch on this one so you can transport it!
- Bear Paws – seriously the best thing ever when it comes to shredding meat!
Want to try these Crockpot Chicken Tacos?
PIN IT to your HEALTHY or CHICKEN board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts , trimmed of excess fat
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 mangoes , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks in 100% juice , drained
- 2-3 tomatoes , chopped
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 1 large poblano pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper , seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions , sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- fresh cilantro , for garnish
- whole grain, low-fat or fat-free soft taco sized tortillas
- Bibb lettuce cups
- Place chicken in 6 qt slow cooker and season with salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Combine mangoes, pineapple, tomatoes, red onion, poblano pepper, jalapeno pepper, green onions, lime juice and sugar in a mixing bowl and toss well to combine. Add to slow cooker on top of chicken in an even layer.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5-6 hours until chicken is tender and easily shreddable. Remove chicken and shred, using two forks. Strain cooking juices in slow cooker, reserving the mango mixture and saving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- Add shredded chicken, reserved mango mixture and 1/2 cup cooking juice to the slow cooker.
- Serve by itself, in tortillas, or lettuce cups.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Calories: 179 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 567mg | Sugar: 10g | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 12.1% | Vitamin C: 41.3% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 3.8%
I’m not a nutritionist, and nutritional values here on my recipes should be used for general information purposes only. This information is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new diet and fitness regimen.
Leave a Comment