Mixed Berry Ricotta Parfait Recipe
This parfait recipe is made with naturally sweetened ricotta, lemon zest, fresh mint, and mixed berries! It’s a low point dessert you can eat without feeling guilty about it!
It’s the Weight Watchers dessert you’ve been dreaming of! Light and perfect for summer, the naturally sweetened honey ricotta is a perfect bed for sweet blueberries and strawberries. The red, white and blue colors make this a natural Independence Day dessert!
Desserts are tough when you’re eating healthier… and we all crave something deliciously sweet every now and then right? I know I do… big time!! While I do love some gooey chocolate, one thing I love even more is super sweet, ripe summer berries. They truly are nature’s candy!!
The fantastic natural sweetness of the berries is great on it’s own, but it gets even more fantastic when they’re mixed with creamy ricotta cheese that’s been sweetened naturally with honey and vanilla.
WHAT IS A PARFAIT
A parfait dessert consists of things like fruit, granola, etc, layered with whipped cream, custard, ricotta, etc. They’re typically served in a tall clear glass so you can see all the beautiful layers.
WHY USE RICOTTA CHEESE
It may seem odd, since usually parfaits are made with yogurt or whipped cream, but I really love the texture of the ricotta here. Plus ricotta is used in cannoli filling, so it can’t be bad in sweet recipes right?
If you’re worried about the ricotta tasting “cheesy”, I promise it doesn’t. Once it’s whipped with honey and vanilla, it becomes beautifully lightly sweetened and fluffy!
For this parfait recipe I choose blueberries and strawberries, since they look SO patriotic! But if you’re a huge fan of blackberries, raspberries or any other fruit… go for it! Some crunchy granola would be awesome as well, just be mindful that this will increase the point value.
CAN I MAKE THIS PARFAIT RECIPE WITH YOGURT
Absolutely! Swap the ricotta for some plain non-fat yogurt (unsweetened), but keep all the remaining ingredients the same. This will actually lower the point value down to 2 smart points!
This spring and summer I hope you give these berry ricotta parfaits a try! You’ll be amazed at how tasty a healthy dessert can be!
- Smoothie Glasses – I love these glasses, with their funky wavy shape! Great for parfaits, milkshakes, smoothies and so much more!
- Mixer – This mixer has lasted me a long time and still works amazingly well!
Want to try this Healthy Berry Parfait Recipe?
PIN IT to your SUMMER or DESSERT board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Mixed Berry Ricotta Parfait Recipe
- 15 oz fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest, divided
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1-2 tsp fresh mint, minced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, add ricotta, honey, vanilla and 1 tsp lemon zest. With a handheld mixer, mix until ricotta is whipped and everything is combined. Set aside.
- Toss chopped strawberries with fresh mint, and separately toss blueberries with remaining 1 tsp lemon zest.
- To assemble parfaits, add a couple spoonfuls of ricotta mixture to the bottom of tall clear glasses. Top with a layer of blueberries, more ricotta, a layer of strawberries, then repeat until glasses are full. Garnish with a sprig of mint if desired.
Calories: 143 | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 153mg | Sugar: 19g | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 0.7% | Vitamin C: 60.7% | Calcium: 12.8% | Iron: 2.7%
I’m not a nutritionist, and nutritional values here on my recipes should be used for general information purposes only. This information is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new diet and fitness regimen.