Cool and creamy no bake cheesecake filling is folded into a mixed berry fruit salad. The red white and blue colors make it perfect for any summer potluck!
I can’t believe how quickly this year is going! It’s like I blinked and it was the end of the school year, then I blinked again and it’s nearly an entire month later. Pure craziness! We’ve already had a few cookouts and potlucks, and I know there will be MANY more. We just love a great cookout in our family!
One thing that’s always been missing from our cookouts is a great fruit salad. Sure we could just dump some sliced fruit in a bowl, but once I made this cheesecake salad I knew I couldn’t go back! It’s so creamy, so light, and SO easy to make! Just 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients!
WHAT IS CHEESECAKE SALAD
I can already hear some of you… “that’s not a salad!”. And you’re right! In the traditional lettuce-type of salad, no, it’s not. But in a creamy fruit salad kind of way… absolutely! Cheesecake salads are usually made with no-bake cheesecake filling/pudding and frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), then folded together with fresh fruit. This version also utilizes some strawberry yogurt to bring even more fruit flavor into the dish!
CAN CHEESECAKE SALAD BE MADE AHEAD
Absolutely! In fact, it tastes better that way. The only trick is to only make the filling part ahead of time, then add the sliced fruit right before serving. If you combine them the fruit can be a bit mushy, and if you’re using bananas, they will discolor.
OTHER CHEESECAKE FRUIT SALAD VARIATIONS
The beauty of cheesecake salads is that they’re incredibly versatile! Any fruit you like, you can add it!
- Pineapple, mango, mandarin oranges
- Grapes, kiwis, raspberries
- Blackberries, melon, etc
If you’re not a huge fan of no bake cheesecake filling, a great substitute is a package of white chocolate pudding mix! It adds a different, richer flavor, but is still delicious. To make this dessert a little lighter on sugar, use sugar free pudding mix, yogurt and light or sugar free whipped topping.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 3.4 oz box cheesecake pudding/filling mix
- 2 (6 oz each) containers strawberry yogurt
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, sliced into 4ths
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 bananas, sliced (optional)
- 2 - 3 cups mini marshmallows (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, add yogurt, pudding mix and whipped topping and whisk together. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour (or until ready to serve).
- Add sliced strawberries and blueberries (and bananas and marshmallows if using), and stir gently to combine.
- Serve cold.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!