Want a dessert, but don’t want to spend a lot of time making it? Or maybe just don’t want to turn on your oven? This mini cherry no bake cheesecake recipe is the ultimate in easy, no-bake desserts! Classy enough for a party, with a fraction of the effort of a regular cheesecake.
CHERRY NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
I think everyone needs a great go-to, easy dessert recipe. That recipe that every time you make it, everyone asks for the recipe, and only you know how insanely easy it is to make!
Unlike most cherry no bake cheesecake recipes, this recipe has cherry juice IN the cheesecake layer!
Top with a delicate swirl of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry, and you have a party-worthy dessert!
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
If you’ve never made no bake cheesecakes before, you won’t believe how easy it truly is!
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, cream, cherry juice and vanilla.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Press crumb mixture into liners.
- Spoon in the cheesecake mixture.
- Chill. Then top with whipped cream and a cherry.
COOKING TIPS FOR CHERRY NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
As simple as this recipe is to make, there are still a few tips.
- Use a mixer. No need for a stand mixer, but a hand mixer will do the trick. You really want to make sure the cream cheese mixture is smooth, and it’s hard to do with a whisk.
- Use silicone liners. Paper liners can possibly stick, but silicone liners are not only reusable, they pop off incredibly easily!
- Make it easy on yourself. Pick up a box of pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs, and save some time!
- Remember to factor in chilling time. These individual cheesecakes will need several hours to chill. I normally chill them overnight before serving.
VARIATIONS OF NO BAKE CHEESECAKES
- Plain Cheesecake – omit the cherry juice, increase the heavy cream to 1 and 1/4 cup, and add 1/4 cup sour cream.
- Add more cherries – coarsely chop some maraschino cherries and stir into the cheesecake mixture.
- Turtle Cheesecakes – stir some pecan pieces into the plain cheesecake mixture (from the first bullet point), then top with a generous drizzle of caramel sauce and additional pecans.
- Chocolate – omit the cherry juice and replace with an equal amount of melted milk chocolate. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
MAKING CHEESECAKE AHEAD OF TIME
The great thing about these mini no bake cheesecakes is that they’re designed to be made ahead of time! The cheesecake mixture needs time to chill and firm up.
Normally I make these the night before I want to serve them, but they can also be made 1-3 days ahead.
STORING NO BAKE CHEESECAKE
Keep these cheesecakes covered in the refrigerator so they don’t dry out (this includes any leftovers).
No bake cheesecake can be made ahead and frozen as well. Cover tightly and freeze for 1-2 months.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Hand Mixer – this model is a true workhorse in my kitchen!
- Silicone Cupcake Liners – these liners easily slip off the mini cheesecakes, plus, they’re re-usable!
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO CHECK OUT OTHER READERS’ COMMENTS!
AND DON’T FORGET, IF YOU’VE MADE THIS RECIPE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherries
- In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and granulated sugar. Press into cupcake liners (silicone works best), about 1/4 to 1/3 full. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, heavy cream, cherry juice and vanilla extract and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared cupcake liners.
- Refrigerate (covered) for 3-4 hours or overnight. Freezing will yield a firmer cheesecake.
- Top with whipped cream and cherries.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!