Everything you love about cake batter, in an easy no-bake, 4 ingredient dip. Studded with great funfetti flavors, this dip is fabulous for any occasion!
If you’re not making dessert dips, you totally need to start, and this is a mouthwatering one! Amazing cake batter flavor, studded with the classic funfetti pops of color, topped with extra colorful sprinkles… all you need is a dipper!
We all do it. You’re baking a cake and there’s a little batter left in the bowl. Do you rinse it out, or do you gleefully swipe a finger down the side of the bowl, licking that delicious cake batter? I don’t know about you, but I don’t ever waste perfectly good cake batter. I definitely eat it! But, that’s not always the safest, I mean, there ARE raw eggs in there right?
That’s where this fluffy cake batter dip comes in. It tastes EXACTLY like cake batter, but in a totally raw egg-less form! In fact, it actually has cake mix IN the dip, so you know you’re getting all the fabulous flavor you know and love.
As a kid, my favorite cake was always funfetti. There’s the just something about those fun sprinkles! As an adult, even though I like more sophisticated desserts like a classic carrot cake or brownie bottom cookie dough cheesecake, my guilty pleasure, is still funfetti.
You can make this dip up ahead of time, but just a word of warning, it does thicken some as it sits, and the sprinkles can leech the color into the dip some. Since it takes so little time (seriously about 5 minutes), I always make it right before I want to serve it.
While this cake batter dip is good enough to eat with a spoon (no judging here… I’ve done it!), some of my favorite dippers are animal crackers, graham crackers, and even fresh fruit if I’m feeling like being a tad bit healthy.
When combined with animal crackers though, it reminds me of those old lunch-time snacks, Dunkaroos. If you’re a child of the eighties who went to grade school in the 90’s, you probably remember that snack well. Everyone loved them! They’re discontinued here in the US now, and while this recipe isn’t exactly the same as that, it’s similar 🙂
So the next time you’re craving some great classic cake batter flavor, whip up this easy 4 ingredient funfetti cake batter dip! It’s sure to be a hit with both the kids and the adults!
WANT TO TRY THIS FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER DIP?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT OR KID-FRIENDLY BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed (cool whip)
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup milk, (start at 1/3 and go from there)
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix, (unprepared)
- sprinkles, for garnishing
- Add whipped topping and cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add cake mix and 1/3 cup milk and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Dip will be very thick, so add more milk, a little at a time, until you get to your desired consistency. I used about 2/3 cup for my dip.
- Serve garnished with sprinkles and whatever dippers you prefer. Graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels, fresh fruit, etc.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!