Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy, no bake, Baileys spiked brownie batter dip! Tastes just like licking the beaters, but in a safe eggless way!
Picture this… you’re making brownies and there is a little extra batter in the bowl. Most all of us would dip a finger in and taste that sweet forbidden treat. Well now you don’t have to feel guilty! All the amazing brownie batter taste, with a splash of Baileys, plus no eggs, for a safe to eat treat!!
Okay… who’s guilty out there? You know you’ve snuck a bite of raw cookie dough or licked the beaters after mixing up some brownie batter! I don’t know a single person who hasn’t given into temptation and had a bite (or
two three). In fact, when I was younger, I once asked my Mom if we could make a double batch of cookie dough, but only bake half of it… because I wanted to eat the other half of the dough! LOL. I can still remember her shocked, but amused look as she explained that we definitely couldn’t do that. But hey, my love of forbidden doughs has led me to create some pretty yummy things… brownie bottom cookie dough cheesecake anyone?
So needless to say, I’ve been on the hunt to recreate the perfect brownie batter taste… but that is totally safe to eat! After a few versions that were too liquidy, not fluffy enough, or just not brownie enough, I landed on this one. Then I thought about great chocolate flavor companions and decided a splash of Baileys Irish cream would do the trick… and it totally does!
This recipe is so creamy, and so rich… that even though you may find it hard to stop eating (I know I did!), it’s rich enough that a little bit will do.
I chose to make my dip a bit St. Patrick’s Day themed (with the Baileys and the shamrock sprinkles), but here are some other fun ways to jazz up the dip!
WAYS TO CHANGE THE THEME/TOPPINGS:
- Use different holiday themed sprinkles (red and green for Christmas, etc)
- Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips
- Sprinkle the top with mini m&m’s
- Use different liquor add ins (Kahlua would be great!)
If you don’t mind a bit of tang, you can substitute the plain regular yogurt for plain greek yogurt to bump up the protein factor! Personally I’m not a huge fan of that tanginess with this dip, but I know some people who love it 🙂
One thing I love about this brownie batter dip, is that it uses no mixer or fancy tools… just a couple bowls, a whisk and a rubber spatula/wooden spoon! You can have this mouthwatering dip ready in just about 10 minutes!!
So go on and whip yourself up a treat, you deserve it!!
HELPFUL TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- SILICONE SPATULA SET – I use these alllll the time, and I love that they’re one piece, so they’re a breeze to clean!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brownie mix, dry
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish cream
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Add melted butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, brownie mix, salt and Baileys to bowl and whisk to combine.
- Gently fold in yogurt, until no streaks of yogurt remain.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with desired toppings. Serve with pretzels, chocolate chip cookies, apple slices, or anything you desire.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.