This peach basil margaritas recipe is a refreshing twist on a classic margarita! With a slice of fresh peach and a sprig of basil, it’s sure to impress!
While it may be out of the norm for a margaritas recipe… I know you’ll love the great flavors of this peach-basil version!
There’s no way I could actually pick a favorite boozy drink… I mean they’re all so tasty!! But whenever we go out to a Mexican restaurant, (which, let’s face it, is about half the time we go out lol), I just have to order a margarita. There’s something about that tart lime juice mixed with the punch of tequila, with a slightly sweet finish that I just can’t get enough of!
Originally I wanted to share with you the perfect original margaritas recipe, but there are about a kajillion (let’s just pretend that’s a real word lol) of those on the interwebs these days, so I thought I’d share something a bit different. Peach-Basil. It may seem like an odd flavor combo, but trust me, it works!
I have some other margaritas recipes in the works, but this one is just so perfect for the start of the warmer weather, and fresh peaches!
Since there aren’t a whole bunch of ingredients in this cocktail, you want to make sure you’re using quality ingredients… like a good tequila. Our personal favorite is an 1800 silver tequila 🙂
While this recipe is delicious as is, if you’d like some extra color or flavor, feel free to add a splash of grenadine or even some pomegranate juice to your glass. I like to add it separately to the glass, so it sinks to the bottom and creates a really beautiful two-tone look!
Super fresh, and super flavorful!
My apologies for this post being a little shorter than usual, today is crazy hectic lol.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 12 leaves basil (plus more for garnishing)
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz fluid peach liqueur 8 Tbsp
- 6 oz fluid silver tequila 12 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp simple syrup or more, to taste (recipe below)
- 4 slices ripe peach
- TO MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- TO MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- To a small saucepan, add sugar and water, and stir to combine. Heat over MED heat until boiling. Let boil for several minutes until all grains of sugar are dissolved, and mixture becomes slightly syrupy.
- TO MAKE THE COCKTAIL:
- Add basil leaves, lemon juice, and peach liqueur to a cocktail shaker and muddle with the end of a wooden spoon for about 15 seconds. This releases the flavor of the basil.
- Pour in tequila and simple syrup and enough ice cubes to fill the shaker up about 3/4 of the way.
- Put the lid on the shaker and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Add a few ice cubes to 4 glasses and strain cocktail shaker contents into the glasses.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil and peach slice in each glass.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
2. Recipe from Fine Cooking - Mexican 2015 issue
3. If desired, add a splash of grenadine or pomegranate juice to the cocktails while they're in the glasses.