The ultimate copycat Wendys frosty, made with just 3 simple ingredients! You can make it in minutes, and it tastes just like the real thing!
Wendys frosty fans unite… I’ve come up with the most perfect copycat EVER! It tastes just like the real deal, and is so simple to make… I bet you can’t guess the secret ingredient!
Growing up, I was a HUGE Wendys frosty fan. Okay, who am I kidding… I still am! Now they have the vanilla flavor, but my heart still belongs to the original chocolate flavor.
I’ve been trying for a long time to recreate that classic frosty flavor… to no avail. Don’t get me wrong, I made some pretty delicious chocolate shakes, including this boozy one, but none that were just right.
So what gives Wendys frosty that classic “frosty” flavor? Read on to find out!
HOW TO MAKE A WENDYS FROSTY AT HOME
There seems to be two schools of thought on this one. One version involves chocolate milk, sweetened condensed milk and cool whip, which you mix then put into an ice cream maker. I’ve honestly never tried that version, mainly because I didn’t want to lug out my ice cream maker lol. Plus, most people probably don’t own one! My version is based very similarly on Todd Wilbur’s version from one of his Top Secret Recipes books. It’s 3 easy ingredients:
- vanilla ice cream
- nesquick powder
Does it seem weird to you that it doesn’t use chocolate ice cream? That stumped me too… so I made two versions, one with chocolate and one with vanilla. The vanilla one totally came out on top!!
IS WENDYS FROSTY A MILKSHAKE
It’s weird… because they never call it that on their menu. But the ingredients of ice cream and milk certainly scream milkshake to me. So in my mind, it’s totally a milkshake!
Now I have to ask… and don’t think I’m TOO weird here… but are you a frosty/fry dipper? I always dip my fries in my frosty. That sweet and salty combo is just perfect, and there’s something fantastic about a perfectly crispy, salty fry scooping up some thick chocolate frosty.
Currently, I don’t have any French fries here on the blog, but it’s absolutely something I have planned this year. Plus, I’m working on a great copycat Wendys chili for the Fall!
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE THIS COPYCAT WENDYS FROSTY
- Make sure you soften the vanilla ice cream. Just leaving it out on the counter for 5-10 minutes should do the trick.
- If you don’t have nesquik powder, another chocolate milk powder (like Ovaltine) works well too.
- The recipe makes a frosty with a classically semi-melted consistency. If you prefer a “harder” or thicker frosty, use slightly less milk.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS COPYCAT FROSTY
- Blender – I’ve been using this blender for years and I love that it still works amazingly well!
- Nesquik – This is what you’ll want to look for.
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO CHECK OUT OTHER READERS’ COMMENTS FOR TIPS AND REVIEWS.
AND DON’T FORGET, IF YOU’VE MADE THIS RECIPE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING LETTING ME KNOW HOW YOU ENJOYED IT!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream (softened slightly)
- 1 cup milk (I usually use whole)
- 8-9 tsp Nesquik powder
- Add all ingredients to blender, cover, and blend until smooth and creamy (you may have to scrape the sides of the blender once, then blend again).
- Pour into serving glasses and serve with a straw or spoon.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Leave a Comment