Applebee’s Red Apple Sangria (Copycat Recipe)
If you love the red apple sangria from Applebee’s, then you’ll love this copycat recipe that tastes JUST like the real thing! Perfect for parties or a relaxing night in!
Love going out to restaurants and ordering a cocktail or two? Hate the steep price tag? Then you’re in the right place! Here I’m sharing a copycat recipe for Applebee’s popular red apple sangria, that you can make right at home, with no tip needed!
Restaurant cocktails. Everyone has their favorite right? My Mom’s has always been sangria, so when I came across this recipe for an Applebee’s copycat version, I knew I had to make it! Applebee’s version is made a little differently than a traditional sangria, but still tastes every bit as delicious!
Traditionally, the restaurant version is sold in a goblet, like this one… which I don’t have. So I served it in my goblets, and I think it still works just as well. Honestly you could serve this in a coffee cup and it would still taste good… just depends on how “authentic” you want to be.
Speaking of authentic… the creator of this recipe, Todd Wilbur, suggests using the following brands to have a truly authentic copycat.
- Sutter Home Cabernet Sauvignon
- Shakka apple liqueur
- Ocean Spray cranberry juice cocktail
- Dole pineapple juice
- Sierra Mist soda
BUT, I couldn’t find Shakka liqueur and my store was out of Sierra Mist. So I used Dekuyper Sour Apple Pucker and store brand lemon lime soda, and thought it tasted dead-on like the red apple sangria from Applebee’s. So your mileage may vary on that one 🙂
WHAT IF I WANT TO MAKE THIS RECIPE FOR A CROWD?
Good call! Trust me, everyone will be asking you for the recipe and asking for refills. Originally this recipe was only for a single drink, but down in the recipe notes section I’ve detailed how to make it for a crowd in a pitcher. Of course you’ll have to do a little math and decide by how many to multiply to get the right servings… but for reference… the single drink recipe makes 16oz.
The next time you’re deciding which cocktail to try next, or craving a restaurant classic… look no further than this copycat red apple sangria recipe!
Copycat Applebee's Red Apple Sangria
- 1/3 cup cabernet sauvignon - (sutter home is authentic)
- 1 1/4 oz Shakka apple liqueur - (or sour apple pucker)
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- 1 1/2 oz cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 1/2 oz pineapple juice
- Sierra mist or lemon lime soda
- ice cubes
- 2 green apple balls - (use a melon baller)
- 1 orange wedge
- 1 lime wedge
- 1-2 maraschino cherries
- Fill glass with ice cubes, then add wine, apple liqueur, grenadine, cranberry juice cocktail, and pineapple juice. Top off with lemon lime soda.
- To a small kebab skewer or sturdy toothpick, skewer apple ball, cherry, then another apple ball. Add to drink along with orange and lime wedges.
Please consume alcoholic beverages responsibly and when of legal drinking age.