Sip your way to the beach with this tropical pineapple coconut rum punch! Simple ingredients combine in a sweet and relaxing way!
No tropical beach vacation this year? No problem, just whip up this pineapple rum punch and relax. It tastes like something you’d enjoy while sitting at a beachside bar, watching the waves roll in!
This is the time of year when I start to realize that our summer is nearly over and our shot at a nice relaxing beach vacation has passed us by. But that’s when I get really into the whole “staycation” idea. I think about stringing up some little lights in our patio umbrella, putting up a couple of tiki torches, playing some relaxing beach-y music, inviting some friends over, and of course, mixing up the most amazing tropical cocktail.
what is rum punch
Rum punch can be SO many things. If you’ve been anywhere tropical, you’ve probably heard of, or had, a rum runner. Rum is an extremely popular alcohol to use in punches. This version uses pineapple coconut juice, lime juice, golden rum, and ginger ale to add some bubbles!
how can i make rum punch for a party
This recipe as written is for 2 drinks, but let’s face it, this drink is perfect to share with your friends and family! Here’s how to alter it for a party:
- Figure out how many people are coming to your party and adjust the servings — For example if you’re having 8 people at your party, you’ll need to quadruple this recipe.
- Fill up a pitcher — to the pitcher, add rum, pineapple coconut juice and lime juice. Stir and chill.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses — divide the pitcher contents equally among the glasses.
- Top it off — Top off the glasses with a splash of ginger ale.
what if i can’t find pineapple coconut juice
The brand I found was R. W. Knudsen, but if your store doesn’t carry that there’s a quick fix. Use regular pineapple juice and coconut flavored rum.
Can Rum Punch be made ahead of time
Absolutely!! Usually cocktails like this are even better after they’ve chilled for a few hours. Since this cocktail gets topped off with ginger ale, you’ll want to wait for that to be added right before serving. Mix up the pineapple coconut juice, rum, and lime juice and chill for a few hours up to a couple days ahead of time. Before serving, give it a stir, then pour into glasses and top with ginger ale!
Fall may be coming up quickly, but you can still get a little bit of tropical heaven with this pineapple coconut rum punch!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 2/3 cup pineapple coconut juice
- 1/4 cup gold rum
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup ginger ale , divided
- Add pineapple coconut juice, rum and lime juice to a small pitcher. Stir and chill.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice cubes. Pour half the pitcher mixture into each glass and top each glass off with half of the ginger ale.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges, a slice of lime, and a pineapple leaf.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!