Tipsy Mermaid Rum Punch
Sweet and colorful, this tipsy mermaid rum punch is a fantastic way to cool down and celebrate in tropical style! Perfect for a party or casual night in.
As tasty as it is beautiful, this tipsy mermaid rum punch is full of amazing tropical flavors, multiple types of rum, and gets it’s beautiful ombre color from blue curaco. This is one drink you absolutely need to try, year round!
This drink is such a beautiful color from the mixture of pineapple juice and Blue Curacao, which swirl together to be a beautiful green color. I like to add my Blue Curacao to the serving glass, then top with the mixed drink, that way they end up a stunning ombre hue!
Some may consider it a summer only drink, but I think we all need a taste of the tropics during all the seasons! Summer may be about halfway through, but that doesn’t mean we have to give up our summery drinks in a couple months right?
WHAT IF I’M NOT A PINEAPPLE JUICE FAN?
I know how you feel… while I enjoy pineapple juice, sometimes it can be a bit much right? Never fear, this mermaid rum punch can be made with lemonade instead! Sometimes I like to add a bit of club soda or lemon lime soda to top off the glasses, which gives a beautiful bubbly look.
I CAN NEVER GET MY SUGAR RIM TO STAY PUT!
They can be pesky can’t they? Usually, glasses are rimmed with a citrus juice, then sugar/salt… but I find that rimming the glasses with a more viscous liquid, like the light corn syrup, then dipping in the sugar/salt helps it stay put a little better. Granted, as the glass condensates, things will start to slide down, but at least you’ll be starting off with a more secure rim.
You can make these more or less blue by adjusting the amount of Blue Curacao you add, so feel free to play around and find your perfect mix!
I hope you all give this drink a try… I’m sure you’ll love it as much as I do!
Want to try this Mermaid Rum Punch?
PIN IT to your DRINKS or SUMMER board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Tipsy Mermaid Rum Punch
- 8 oz spiced rum - (like Captain Morgan)
- 4 oz coconut rum
- 24 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- splash of blue curacao
- lime slices, for garnish
- light corn syrup, for garnish
- sugars, for garnish
- ice cubes
- To a large pitcher, add spiced rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- To a small plate, add a drizzle of light corn syrup. To a second small plate, add various sugars (I did a combination of white, green and blue). Dip rims of glasses in corn syrup, then in the sugars to coat the rim.
- Fill serving glasses with ice cubes and a few lime slices, add a splash of blue curacao to the bottom of the glass. Top with rum mixture and garnish glasses with a slice of lime.
Please consume alcoholic beverages responsibly and when aged 21 and older.