Twizzlers Infused Strawberry Lemonade
A completely delicious and refreshing twist on strawberry lemonade… made with Twizzlers candy, fruit ice cubes, and strawberry syrup!
Tired of regular, plain lemonade? Then you need to try this fun and refreshing strawberry lemonade… made with Twizzlers and two incredibly easy homemade extra pops of flavor!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Fourth of July is coming up fast! I’m not sure what part of the world you’re in, but here in Ohio, July is a HOT month… hot and humid. So when I’m deciding what to make for the Fourth of July, a cool, refreshing drink is always at the top of my list! This year I’ve decided to incorporate one of my favorite candies, Twizzlers Twists… to make a delicious strawberry lemonade!
This lemonade… oh man… you guys will LOVE it! I served some to my 5 year old, who is a self proclaimed lemonade “connoisseur”, and after her first sip her eyes got super wide and she said, “wow Mommy, can we have this all the time?”. Gotta love that!
For this recipe, you won’t actually be making the lemonade from scratch, unless you want to, then go for it, I’m sure that would be even more amazing 😀
I know Twizzlers don’t melt, so instead of melting them down to add to the lemonade, I put 6 of the twists in the lemonade bottle, capped it up, and kept it in the refrigerator for 2 days. It turns the lemonade a slight blush color and infuses it with a slight Twizzlers taste.
To bump up the strawberry flavor I did two things…. made some strawberry and blueberry ice cubes, and made a homemade strawberry syrup! Both are super simple to do 🙂
Just add some blueberries and strawberry slices to an ice cube tray, cover with water, and freeze. Voila!!
The strawberry syrup is easy to make and was a great way to use some strawberries that were going to go bad soon. Just simmer the strawberries for about 15 minutes, then use a strainer to remove the berries, leaving the red liquid behind. Add sugar to the liquid, stir constantly and bring to a boil for several minutes, until it thickens. Now you have a delicious strawberry simple syrup, made with all natural ingredients 🙂
There are several ways to serve this lemonade, you can add the strawberry syrup first, then pour the Twizzlers lemonade over the top, pour the lemonade in first, then add the syrup, or just skip the syrup all together for a lighter tasting lemonade. Here’s what they’ll look like, in order from left to right:
Either way is delicious, it’s all about how you want your drink to look 🙂
When I serve these I like to add in my strawberry and blueberry ice cubes, plus some fresh strawberry slices and blueberries (for a little Fourth of July color), along with a little bit of fresh tarragon!
This strawberry lemonade didn’t last long after these photos were taken… it’s just too good!
Don’t forget to sign up for email updates to get new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google +, so follow me if you’d like… I love keeping in touch with all of you 🙂
Twizzlers Infused Strawberry Lemonade
- 60 oz lemonade
- 6 strawberry Twizzler Twists - plus more for garnishing
- slices Strawberry - for garnish
- Blueberries - for garnish
- Sprig of fresh tarragon - for garnish
- Strawberry and blueberry ice cubes
- Strawberry Syrup - to taste (recipe to follow)
- STRAWBERRY SYRUP:
- 1 qt . fresh strawberries
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY SYRUP:
- Hull strawberries, cut into slices, place into saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to LOW and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use a strainer to remove the strawberries and throw them away. Leave the red liquid in the pan.
- Add sugar, stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or so, until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- FOR THE LEMONADE:
- Add 6 Twizzlers Twists to the lemonade container, seal it back up, and keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- To serve, pour in flavored lemonade, strawberry syrup, fruit ice cubes, garnish with fresh strawberries, blueberries, fresh tarragon, and use a Twizzlers Twist as a straw.