Craft beer infused grilled bratwurst is topped with the most amazing spicy peach salsa, made with habanero and jalapeño peppers. Grill one up today!
Tired of the same old toppings for your grilled bratwurst? This spicy peach salsa (made with two types of peppers) is the perfect topping for an ultra flavorful beer brat from Smithfield!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwursts. As always, all opinions here are my own.
Have you fired up your grill this summer? We LOVE to grill during the summer months (and even into the Fall), and brats are one of our favorites! Like most people, we get tired of the same old toppings on our brats, so this time around, I decided to pair our Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwursts with a bright and fresh peach salsa with some heat from a habanero/jalapeno pepper combo!
Before I get started on the salsa though… I want to share with you all how amazing these Smithfield brats are. Both Smithfield and Yuengling have a reputation for craftsmanship and heritage, and they’ve combined to bring you the best beer brats around. The full-bodied amber beer pairs SO well with the rich, quality pork from Smithfield. If you live on the East Coast or close to it, you’ve probably heard of (or enjoyed a time or two), Yuengling beer. They have the country’s oldest brewery and a fantastic craftsmanship, which makes them a perfect partner for Smithfield.
This grilling season, you can pick up a package from your East Coast grocery store (here in Ohio, you can find them at Kroger in the Cincinnati area and Giant Eagle in the Columbus area). Don’t wait though, they’re a limited batch! These Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwursts are part of Smithfield’s Craft Collection, where Smithfield pairs up with craft brewers across the country to bring you some of the BEST brats around.
I don’t know about you guys, but we actually tend to have more cookouts as summer winds down, than we do in the beginning! Maybe it’s the realization that summer is on the way out, so we have to grab every last chance… but I know we’ll be having a few more big cookouts and brats are always on the menu.
So let’s talk about this topping. I know what some of you must be thinking… “this girl has LOST her mind… putting peaches on a brat is just weird!”. You know, I thought so too…. until I tried it. The combination of the rich beer brat with the fresh sweet heat from the spicy salsa is just mouthwatering!! If you really want to go all out, add some fresh purple cabbage to your bun before the brat, then top the brat with the salsa. Then you’ll have all the great flavors, plus the great texture from the cabbage!
At the very least, make sure you make some extra of the salsa, so you can keep it on hand for some tortilla chips… because you’ll love that sweet heat flavor!! If you’re worried about there being TOO much heat, I have some tips for you.
To reduce the spiciness of the peach salsa:
- Use either habanero OR jalapeño peppers, not both (make sure to take out the ribs and seeds)
- Use just a jalapeño (and make sure you take out the ribs and seeds)
- Use half the amount of jalapeño and use a green, red or orange bell pepper for the rest
- For zero heat at all, use all bell peppers (I think this may be too sweet, but it’s an option)
So when you’re ready to fire up your grill the remainder of this summer grilling season, don’t forget to pick up a package of these Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwursts and try out this spicy peach salsa version! You might be surprised at how much you love it!!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwursts.
WANT TO TRY THIS GRILLED BRATWURST W/ PEACH SALSA?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER OR GRILLING BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
SPICY PEACH SALSA:
- 4 ripe peaches, diced
- 3 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- 1 tsp minced fresh habanero pepper (remove ribs and seeds from pepper)
- 1 tsp minced fresh jalapeño pepper (remove ribs and seeds from pepper)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 6 hot dog or brat buns of your choice toasted if desired
- 6 Smithfield Yuengling Traditional Lager Bratwursts
- 1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage (fresh) (optional)
- Combine all peach salsa ingredients in a small mixing bowl, stirring to combine well. Let sit while you prepare the bratwursts. You can refrigerate it, or keep it at room temperature.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to MED-LOW. Grill brats 15-20 minutes, turning frequently to prevent burning and uneven cooking.
- Serve brats topped with spicy peach salsa and a bit of purple cabbage in the bun if desired.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!