Tender pieces of steak are bathed in a flavorful marinade, skewered with onions, peppers and mushrooms, then grilled to juicy steakhouse perfection!
These steakhouse kebabs are the perfect meal to grill up at your next cookout or BBQ! They’re super easy to customize, and the flavor imparted by the marinade is oh so absolutely perfect!
I think it’s safe to say that we’re officially into grilling season, or at least it will be very soon. Seriously one of my favorite times of the year!
When it comes to grilling, I love making up kebabs. Not only are they pretty to look at, they’re an easy way to grill everything at once, and food on a stick (or skewer) is basically the best ever!
You know when you go to a great steakhouse, and your steak is just literally bursting with flavor? That’s where my inspiration came from for the marinade for these kebabs.
It’s full of savory flavors like soy, balsamic, Worcestershire, garlic, and dijon, mixed with a bit of sweet brown sugar to balance it out. Even if you don’t want to make the kebabs, you could definitely use this marinade for a great grilled or seared steak!
To really compound on the marinade flavor, I also marinated the baby Bella mushrooms in the same marinade, and they absorb it SO well. Each bite is just flavor-packed!!
As far as what to skewer alongside the steak and mushrooms, you can do just about anything you’d like. I love sweet red onion and I thought the vibrant green color of the bell pepper just made these look gorgeous.
I like to keep things light and serve these kebabs with a side salad and maybe some crusty bread, but of course, feel free to go in a different direction… it’s your meal 🙂
You can also use any type of steak that you prefer, just make sure you don’t use a cut of beef that’s meant for slow roasting. I used a couple of strip steaks I had in my freezer.
So uncover that grill and make sure you have plenty of gas or charcoal, because these Grilled Steakhouse Kebabs are great for any weeknight or backyard BBQ!
- Circle Kebab Skewers – I love this fun circle shape, which makes them fit on a standard round plate!
- Meat Thermometer – Never guess how “done” the meat is again!
Recipe adapted from Serious Eats
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs strip steak (or other grilling steak) cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms larger mushrooms cut in half
- 1 red onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- fresh parsley, minced for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, place steak cubes, and place the mushrooms in another resealable plastic bag.
- Pour 2/3 of the marinade into the steak bag, and the remaining 1/3 into the mushroom bag.
- Place both bags into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to MED heat. Skewer beef, mushrooms, red onion and green bell pepper, alternating them in whatever pattern you prefer.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning often, until charred and internal doneness of the steak is to your liking. You may want to use a meat thermometer to check.
- Garnish with minced parsley.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Leave a Comment