Flatbread slathered with a glorious honey herb whipped ricotta, topped with delicious grilled fruit, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with fresh herbs!
The classic fruit pizza gets some serious upgrades here with the addition of a savory flatbread, glorious whipped honey herb ricotta cheese, and sweet caramelized grilled fruit!
**Post may contain affiliate links… meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll get a very small percentage in commission. There’s never any extra cost to you, and I only link to products I actually own and use. Your support is greatly appreciated!**
Have you ever grilled fruit? It may sound a bit strange… after all, the grill is for things like burgers, steaks, chicken and the occasional veggie right? Nope! You can totally grill all sorts of things… including fruit, pizzas, etc. One of my favorite desserts that my Mom used to make was a fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust. I would choose that over her famous Carrot Cake, which believe me, is DEFINITELY saying something!
Now that I’m an adult… well, older, (because sometimes I don’t “adult” very well lol), my sweet tooth has reached that point where things can be TOO sweet. I never thought I’d get there… sweets are meant to be “toothache” sweet right? So this is my take on her pizza, with a little savory-ness to balance the sweetness… plus, it’s GRILLED! Perfect for summer!
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, or just don’t feel like firing it up, no worries… you can totally make this on an indoor grill pan 🙂
I didn’t feel like making homemade flatbread, (but if you want to, by all means, don’t let me stop ya) so I picked up a flatbread from my local grocery store and just threw it on the grill to get some char marks.
For this grilled fruit pizza, I knew I wanted a spread that would perfectly compliment the intense sweetness of the grilled fruit. So that’s where the honey herb ricotta comes into play… it’s creamy, it’s slightly sweet, it’s savory from the herbs, and best of all, it’s EASY.
Just add all ricotta ingredients to a bowl and cream together to give it a light and whipped texture. Oh, and bonus… if you have some leftover mixture, it’s amazing to dip fresh fruit in!!
The grilled fruit choices here are completely up to you. I chose a mix of strawberries, watermelon, oranges, peaches, mangoes, and kiwi… then sprinkled on some fresh blueberries at the end. That way it has all the colors of the rainbow! I also love to garnish this grilled fruit pizza with some tender basil and mint leaves, and drizzle it with a bit of local honey.
If you’d prefer though… another fantastic alternative is a cherry balsamic glaze!!
I hope you guys give this grilled fruit pizza a try… I know you’ll love it!!
Tools Used To Make This Recipe:
Cast-Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle – The perfect way to enjoy grilled foods year round!
Stainless Steel Tongs – Don’t hassle with a cumbersome spatula, these tongs make flipping the fruit super easy!
Gourmet Cherry Balsamic Glaze – The cherry gives this glaze the perfect touch for this pizza!
7 Speed Hand Mixer – No need to bust out the big guns with a stand mixer… a great hand mixer is an invaluable tool!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- HONEY HERB RICOTTA:
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary finely minced
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh basil finely minced
- Pinch of salt
- GRILLED FRUIT PIZZA:
- 1 store-bought flatbread or plain naan
- Variety of sliced fresh fruits (such as oranges peaches, watermelon, strawberries, mangoes and kiwi)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Drizzle of honey
- Fresh basil and mint to garnish
- HONEY HERB RICOTTA:
- Add ricotta ingredients (ricotta, honey, herbs and salt) to a mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to cream together until well incorporated and fluffy (about 1 minute), and set aside.
- GRILLED FRUIT PIZZA:
- Preheat grill over MED heat and oil grill grates. Alternatively, preheat an indoor grill pan over MED heat and brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Place flatbread on the grill for about 1 minute per side, or until charred grill marks are present. Remove from grill.
- Add sliced fresh fruit and grill for about 1-3 minutes (check on them after 1 minute - more delicate fruits won't take long). Remove to a plate.
- Spread grilled flatbread with whipped honey herb ricotta and top with grilled fruit.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh basil and mint to garnish.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!