The batter comes together quickly and while the bars are baking, your house will smell ahhh-mazing!!
Whip up your frosting, I used my stand mixer, but a hand mixer would work just as well 🙂
Don’t cut into bars until you’re ready to serve, that way they stay moist and delicious! Now, my apologies for the sub-par pictures of the bars… I was too caught up in eating them lol.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
FOR THE FROSTING
- 12oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup butter (I used 6 Tbsp salted, 6 Tbsp unsalted)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups powdered sugar
Sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & soda) and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients, gradually, and mix well.
Spread batter in a greased 13×9 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and powdered sugar and mix on low speed until combined, then increase to medium and whip until pale and fluffy.
- Spread evenly onto cooled pumpkin bars and store, covered, in refrigerator until serving.
Recipe adapted from Bake it and Love it