Okay, so second post in 2 days is about garlic… I’m thinking I may have a problem. Do they have Garlic Lovers Anonymous? This was a meal a couple weeks back and it was our foray into a healthier spin on dinner. As a rule, we’re not incredibly health conscious in our house, aside from eating a balanced meal. I kept seeing all these pins on Pinterest about quinoa… I was thinking, “What is it? What does it taste like?” and lastly, “How in the name of all things holy do you pronounce it?!”. And no, I still have absolutely NO clue how to pronounce it… so no laughing! Anyway, back to the recipe lol… simple ingredients and a quick cooking time paired with amazing flavors equal one great dish!! For those so inclined, if you leave out the parmesan cheese, I believe it would be a vegan dish as well 🙂
It made me feel good to put a healthy meal on the table that everyone enjoyed (even the picky kiddos lol). Quinoa (seriously, how do you say it??!) is a bit on the expensive side… but a little goes a long way. The one cup that you cook for this recipe seemed to yield around 3 cups or so (I didn’t actually measure it). I see a few more quinoa recipes in our dinner future!!
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 2 cups of water (or vegetable or chicken stock/broth), in a large saucepan. Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside when finished.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, thyme, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 3-4 minutes, until they are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir in cooked quinoa. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!