One-Pan Mediterranean Braised Chicken with Olives
Fall in love with Mediterranean flavors with this easy and delicious one pan, one hour, braised chicken with creamy potatoes, roasted Mezzetta olives, and lemon!
Crispy and tender braised chicken is cooked with potatoes, Mezzetta olives, onions, lemons and herbs for an AMAZING dinner you can make in ONE pan, in just ONE hour! Hello easy dinner!
With the holidays approaching quickly, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m in need of some seriously easy dinners! It seems like all too often, dinner time is approaching, and my desire to cook an elaborate meal is at all all-time low. Which is not good, since I’m a food blogger lol. That’s where dinners like this come into play….
Dinner made in ONE pan, in ONE hour. Now that’s what I’m talking about! You don’t even have to peel the potatoes 🙂 I love the simplicity of the ingredients in this recipe… nothing fancy schmancy… yet the flavors are truly amazing. When you use quality ingredients, it really shows! Like the Mezzetta olives… they are family owned since 1935, where the fourth generation of Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring their customers the highest quality foods available. They source the finest fresh produce from the sun-drenched soils of California, Italy, Spain, France, and Greece and prepare them according to their Italian family recipes at our state-of-the-art production facility in the Napa Valley. If you think you don’t like olives… try some varieties from Mezzetta, you might just change your mind!
Just look at that crispy skin!! Ahhh, love it 😀
This recipe is adapted from, and uses the cooking method from Sara over at Dinner at the Zoo 🙂
Making this dinner is so easy, you could even make it for a great lunch!
Mezzetta is all about holiday memories, and while this isn’t necessarily a holiday themed meal (although it could be!), my idea behind this dish is that you can make those great family and holiday memories while it’s in the oven. You don’t have to spend a bunch of time cleaning up dishes or prepping for 30 minutes. Spend that time with your family!
Feel free to snack on some olives while you’re waiting on dinner 😉
Sooooooo today I’m not just bringing you a great recipe… I’m also here to share with you how you can WIN some amazing prizes! Wooohooo!!!
From now until December 31st, Mezzetta is hosting The Holiday Memories Sweepstakes:
• Grand Prize (1) – Instant Print Digital Camera plus a Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Ultimate Olive Lover’s Gift Basket including Mezzetta Olives, Olive Spoon, Cutting Board, Olive Bowl, Cocktail Napkins and Recipe Card.
Winners will be chosen at random and will be notified and receive the prize within 2 weeks from the end of the sweepstakes.
Ummmm how awesome is that?! Just click HERE to enter… it’s super quick and easy 🙂
So this holiday season, give yourself a break and fix an amazing meal that is practically effortless! And don’t forget to enter to win the Mezzetta Holiday Sweepstakes 😉
Never miss a recipe!
One-Pan Mediterranean Braised Chicken with Olives
- 4 in bone- skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 large yellow or white onion sliced
- 4-5 inch yukon gold or red-skinned potatoes scrubbed clean and cut into 1 pieces
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano minced (can substitute 2 tsp dried oregano)
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta green olives with pimento (some sliced some whole)
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta pitted Kalamata olives (some sliced some whole)
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white wine one third, I use Chardonnay
- 1 1/3 cup chicken stock one and one third
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary whole
- 1 lemon zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Once oil is rippling, add the chicken thighs, skin side down and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown and seared.
- Turn chicken over and cook on the other side for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate to rest.
- Add onion to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, smashed garlic cloves, olives, and minced oregano and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir. Add wine and allow most of the liquid to cook off (just a few minutes).
- Pour in chicken stock and stir. Nestle the chicken thighs into the pan and tuck the lemon slices in among the chicken and vegetables. Toss in the rosemary sprig.
- Cover pan with lid (or foil), and bake for 40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Remove rosemary stem.
- The remaining juices should have thickened into a makeshift gravy you can spoon over the top of the chicken when serving.
- Garnish with lemon zest and additional oregano or fresh parsley if desired.
How about some more great (and easy) chicken dishes?