Fall in love with Mediterranean flavors with this easy and delicious one pan, one hour, braised chicken with creamy potatoes, roasted Mezzetta olives, and lemon!
Crispy and tender braised chicken is cooked with potatoes, Mezzetta olives, onions, lemons and herbs for an AMAZING dinner you can make in ONE pan, in just ONE hour! Hello easy dinner!
With the holidays approaching quickly, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m in need of some seriously easy dinners! It seems like all too often, dinner time is approaching, and my desire to cook an elaborate meal is at all all-time low.
Dinner made in ONE pan, in ONE hour. Now that’s what I’m talking about! You don’t even have to peel the potatoes 🙂 I love the simplicity of the ingredients in this recipe… nothing fancy schmancy… yet the flavors are truly amazing.
When you use quality ingredients, it really shows! Like the Mezzetta olives… they are family owned since 1935, where the fourth generation of Mezzetta family is continuing the commitment to bring their customers the highest quality foods available.
Just look at that crispy skin!! Ahhh, love it.
This recipe is adapted from, and uses the cooking method from Sara over at Dinner at the Zoo 🙂
Making this dinner is so easy, you could even make it for a great lunch!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 4 in bone- skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 large yellow or white onion sliced
- 4-5 inch yukon gold or red-skinned potatoes scrubbed clean and cut into 1 pieces
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano minced (can substitute 2 tsp dried oregano)
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta green olives with pimento (some sliced some whole)
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta pitted Kalamata olives (some sliced some whole)
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white wine one third, I use Chardonnay
- 1 1/3 cup chicken stock one and one third
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary whole
- 1 lemon zested
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Once oil is rippling, add the chicken thighs, skin side down and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown and seared.
- Turn chicken over and cook on the other side for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a plate to rest.
- Add onion to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, smashed garlic cloves, olives, and minced oregano and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir. Add wine and allow most of the liquid to cook off (just a few minutes).
- Pour in chicken stock and stir. Nestle the chicken thighs into the pan and tuck the lemon slices in among the chicken and vegetables. Toss in the rosemary sprig.
- Cover pan with lid (or foil), and bake for 40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Remove rosemary stem.
- The remaining juices should have thickened into a makeshift gravy you can spoon over the top of the chicken when serving.
- Garnish with lemon zest and additional oregano or fresh parsley if desired.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
How about some more great (and easy) chicken dishes?