Juicy chicken thighs are seared with a crispy skin, then cooked with apples and herbs… all in one pan, and in 30 minutes!
The perfect Fall meal… crispy, yet juicy chicken thighs bathed in a sweet and herby sauce, all cooked in one pan, and ready in 30 minutes! What could be better?!
That’s where I love all these one pan dinners I’ve been cooking up for you all here on the blog! I know I can whip one them up in no time, and with minimal dishes to wash! Score!!
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH CHICKEN BREASTS?
Yep! I fully appreciate that not everyone digs the bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, so I made sure this recipe will work with other cuts of chicken as well.
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs or boneless skinless chicken thighs, just adjust the cooking time, depending on the size of your breasts/thighs.
To be safe, use a meat thermometer, and watch for the chicken to get to 165°F.
OKAY, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER WHITE MEAT?
Pork is a GREAT substitute here… because pork and apples go together perfectly! I would use boneless pork chops about an inch thick. If you love pork and apples, you should check this other one pot meal out!
One tip for this recipe would be to make sure you’re using 100% apple juice, with no additional sugar. It’ll already be sweet enough, you don’t want to go overboard.
The next time you’re panicking about getting dinner on the table, give these one pan apple glazed chicken thighs a try! You’ll love the Fall flavors, plus the easy meal!
- Stainless steel pan – This is rapidly becoming my new go-to pan!
- Tongs – Makes turning the chicken easy!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup no sugar added apple juice (100% juice)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced (can substitute with 1/4 tsp dried thyme)
- 1-2 medium gala or golden delicious apples (whatever variety apples you prefer)
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika, on both sides.
- To a large pan or skillet, add olive oil and heat over MED-HIGH heat until oil is shimmering. Add chicken thighs, skin side down, and cook 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove to a plate. If your pan isn't large enough, the browning can be done in batches.
- Add apple juice and minced thyme to pan, using a wooden spoon to loosen the browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, and cook until liquid has reduced by half, a minute or two.
- Add chicken back to the pan, scatter apples around the chicken, cover with lid, or aluminum foil, and cook over MED heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon a little of the sauce over the chicken and serve.
- If you'd like the sauce to be a little thicker, remove chicken from pan, add 1 Tbsp cornstarch and 1 Tbsp water to a small dish, whisk to combine, then pour into pan and stir until all combined. Cook a minute or two, stirring often, and return chicken to pan after sauce is thickened.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.