These pumpkin french toast sticks are a fun, portable version of a classic, that you can eat with your fingers and are ready in minutes!!
A great twist on the classic breakfast food, these pumpkin French toast sticks are full of amazing Fall flavors, ready in less than 30 minutes, and incredibly fun to eat! The praline maple syrup is absolutely decadent, and a “must try”!
These pumpkin French toast sticks are one breakfast that will have your whole family hopping out of bed and begging for breakfast! Seriously, your whole house will smell AMAZING. I love French toast… it’s one of my guilty pleasures. But it’s just so much more fun to eat with your fingers!!
I can tell you that you won’t be able to have just one stick… these pumpkin French toast sticks are reallllly addicting!! The best part though, is the tantalizing praline maple syrup. Oh man. It’s one syrup you’ll definitely be using for everything!!!
The praline maple syrup would be amazing on my vanilla cinnamon buttermilk pancakes! I like to use Texas toast from my grocery store for these French toast sticks, but any thick-cut white bread would work… like Challah or Brioche.
Helpful Tools For This Recipe:
NordicWare Griddle – I don’t have this (yet), but I’ve been drooling over it for a while, and it would work perfectly for this recipe! Silicone Tongs – I use these for everything, including turning these French toast sticks
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- FRENCH TOAST STICKS:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 10 slices STALE Texas toast or brioche bread
- Butter for skillet
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- PRALINE MAPLE SYRUP:
- 1 - 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- MAKE THE SYRUP:
- Add butter to saucepan and heat over MED heat until butter is melted. Add chopped pecans and cook about 2-3 minutes, until pecans are fragrant.
- Add maple syrup and salt, cook, stirring often for 2-3 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Set aside.
- MAKE FRENCH TOAST STICKS:
- Slice each slice of Texas toast into 3 pieces. Make sure you’re using stale bread, as this will help the sticks hold their shape and not be soggy.
- In a shallow bowl, add 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 tsp ground cinnamon and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large baking dish (like a 9x13” pan), add milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and whisk until combined.
- Add pat of butter to a large skillet and heat over MED-LOW to MED heat.
- Dip each piece of bread into egg mixture, coating all sides. Don’t let the sticks soak in the mixture.
- Place several sticks onto the hot skillet and cook until golden brown, turning to cook all sides.
- Immediately transfer to sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss to coat.
- Place French toast sticks on wire cooling rack.
- Cook remaining sticks.
- Serve warm, drizzled with praline maple syrup and dusted lightly with powdered sugar.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.