Overnight S’mores French Toast Casserole
This French toast casserole is made with chocolate milk, and studded with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows, then topped with crushed graham crackers!
Have you had a French toast casserole before? It’s all the flavors of great French toast, but is made the night before. The bread soaks up all the amazing custard, then the morning of, just pop it in the oven and prepare to be amazed!!
This post was brought to you by the makers of Promised Land Dairy. I received compensation to write this post through the #FarFromOrdinaryMilk program. All opinions expressed are my own.
It’s no secret that I love breakfast foods… I mean REALLY love them. Although I’m so not a morning person. I’ve always been in awe of people that can wake up in a great mood, ready to take on the day. I am pretty much exactly the opposite lol. Cranky, tired, and absolutely not in the mood for cooking.
But my family still needs to eat right? That’s why I love these overnight breakfast recipes! So far I’ve shared my bourbon cinnamon French toast casserole and my overnight breakfast strata, and I’ve gotten such great feedback from you about those recipes!
Even though summer is over, I still crave s’mores flavors… so I thought it would be fun to add those flavors to a French toast casserole! And man is it ever delicious!!
To make it even better, I use Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk instead of a traditional white milk. The extra chocolatey flavor is spectacular! Have you ever tried the Midnight Chocolate Milk? It’s smooth, rich, creamy and is loaded with natural chocolate flavor made from the highest quality cocoa. Plus, it literally tastes like melted chocolate ice cream!
I’ve never been a fan of generic chocolate milk… it just never tasted quite flavorful enough. But this Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate milk is simply amazing, I can’t stop drinking it!
I did manage to save a bit to make this recipe though, and I’m so glad I did. Normally I make French toast casserole with whole white milk, but if you’ve never tried it with chocolate, you really need to give it a shot!
My favorite bread to use is a crusty sourdough or French, but a challah is fantastic as well. Around here, fresh baked challah bread isn’t all that easy to find, unfortunately. Maybe one day I’ll get ambitious and make my own!
To make this French toast casserole, just whip it up the night before you want to eat it, then cover and refrigerate. The next morning, uncover and bake. Easy peasy right?!
While this casserole is perfect for any old regular weekday/weekend breakfast, it’s amazing for a holiday breakfast or brunch! Your guests will absolutely love you for serving this to them, and I guarantee you, they’ll be asking for the recipe!
Whip this French toast casserole up for your next weekend breakfast, and don’t forget to pick up a few bottles of Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate milk!!
- Oval Baker – I love how lightweight, yet sturdy this dish is… I use it often!
WANT TO TRY THIS FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE?
PIN IT TO YOUR BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Overnight S'mores French Toast Casserole
- 12 oz day old sourdough or French bakery bread
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups Promised Land Dairy Midnight Chocolate Milk
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any variety)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Spray a 2 or 3 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Use a serrated bread knife to cube bread into bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch squares. Add bread cubes to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with most of the chocolate chips, marshmallows and crushed graham crackers, reserving some of each for later.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, chocolate milk, sugar and vanilla. Whisk to combine well, and pour mixture over bread cubes.
- Carefully stir up the mixture of bread cubes, chocolate chips, marshmallows and graham crackers.
- To the top of the bread, add the remainder of the chocolate chips, marshmallows and crushed graham crackers.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Remove casserole from refrigerator and let sit on counter to warm up.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
NEVER MISS A CHUNKY CHEF RECIPE: