Your favorite fall drink, the pumpkin spice latte, turned into a fun milkshake! Complete with pumpkin, spice, coffee and ice cream, you’ll love this treat!
Are you a pumpkin spice latte fanatic? I definitely am, but sometimes, I want a cold treat with those classic Fall flavors. This milkshake has it all… pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, coffee and vanilla ice cream!
There’s one treat that I love, but don’t get too often because the nearest coffee place that shall remain nameless (it’s logo is green and white lol), isn’t all that close to me… the pumpkin spice latte. Those flavors just call to me, and I crave it often!
I’m also the kind of person who is hot like 99% of the time. So while I love that pumpkin pie spice flavor, I don’t always want something hot to drink.
Which brings me to this beautiful concoction… the pumpkin spice latte milkshake!!! I found it in an old taste of home magazine and made some adaptations and wow… let’s just say, I drink more of these than I should!
I mean, just look at that frosty awesomeness!! To me, it tastes just like you took a famous PSL (pumpkin spice latte for those of you not obsessed like I am), and blended with vanilla ice cream. It’s perfect for an afternoon pick me up, or use decaf coffee for an evening dessert treat!
You could even add a splash of some kind of booze (like vodka maybe?) and make it an adult milkshake!
The whipped cream and extra cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice is optional, but ohhhhh so good you guys. Especially when it starts to melt down into the milkshake and it gets even creamier than it was before. I’m craving it right now!
Obviously this isn’t a diet-friendly kind of drink, but there are a few ways you could cut down on the sugar.
You could use sugar-free or no additional sugar added ice cream, and omit the granulated sugar in the pumpkin mixture.
I’ve never made this with anything other than whole milk, but I’m sure it would work fine with other types of milk as well, if that’s what you prefer.
The next time you’re craving some pumpkin spice flavor, but don’t want a hot drink, give this milkshake a try! They’d be perfect for just about any occasion.
Want more pumpkin recipes?
- Honey Glazed Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin French Toast Sticks with Praline Maple Syrup
- Pumpkin Pie Dip – no bake!
- Spiced Honey Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Spiced Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Get the look!
- Libbey Mason Jar Mugs – I love how cute these are!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 2 cups whole milk
- heaping 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup brewed coffee (your favorite brand)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup ice cubes
- whipped cream + pumpkin pie spice for garnish (optional)
- To a small saucepan, add milk and heat over MED heat until lightly simmering with bubbles around the edges. Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, coffee, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. The hot coffee and milk will dissolve the sugar. Cover and refrigerate an hour or so, or until cold.
- To a blender, add cooled pumpkin mixture, vanilla ice cream and ice cubes. Cover and process until smooth and completely blended. Add to serving glasses, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.