I love that these chicken fingers are baked, but you’d never know it from tasting them… they are incredibly crunchy!
Just set up your breading area with 3 dishes and work your way down the line, breading your chicken fingers.
Tip: Breading chicken can be very messy and frustrating, so here’s how I do it. Have one hand your designated “wet hand”. It’s the one you pick up the raw chicken, toss it in the flour, give it a bath in the egg mixture, and place it in the breadcrumbs dish. Then use your other designated “dry hand” to coat it in the breadcrumbs. It helps a lot 🙂
Place your chicken fingers on a foil lined baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray and bake for about 20 minutes or so. While they’re baking, go ahead and whisk your sauce together in a saucepan. It will bubble and smell deeeeelicious!
Once the chicken is done baking, either dip the chicken fingers into the sauce, or place your chicken in a big bowl and toss it with the sauce.
This chicken has a kick… but definitely a delicious one! The sweetness tones down the heat, and you can always drizzle some ranch or blue cheese dressing over the top to cool them down even more if you’d like.
I had some of my roasted corn and poblano salsa leftover, so I thought about making these into a chicken taco!
You guys… Best. Chicken. Taco. EVER. You have to try this 🙂
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs and about a tablespoon of water whisked
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Frank’s hot sauce I used original
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp water
- For the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Set up your breading “station” by having three dishes all side by side. Place the flour in one dish, egg mixture in another, and the bread crumbs in the last dish.
- Add your paprika and cayenne to your flour and stir together to combine.
- Lightly salt and pepper your chicken, then coat chicken strip in flour. Place chicken in the egg mixture and turn to coat. Next, place the chicken in the breadcrumbs and press the bread crumbs into the chicken to coat thoroughly. Repeat with remaining chicken strips.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is brown and cooked through.
- For the Sauce:
- Whisk the brown sugar, honey, and hot sauce together in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it bubbles. Add the garlic powder and water, and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Coat the chicken with the sauce and set aside on a serving plate. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.