Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
I’m a total sucker when it comes to breads. Of any kind. Rolls, crusty breads, sandwich breads, croissants, biscuits, and one of my favorites… cornbread!! I like all kinds of cornbread, but I have to admit, I like it sweet 🙂 Something I’ve been into lately is mixing some heat with that sweetness… like in this honey jalapeno cornbread. Aaaaaand, they’re made into little muffins!
Not your everyday cornbread… these little muffins are so soft, fluffy, flavorful and fun to eat!
You may be wondering why there are no jalapenos in the jalapeno cornbread lol. Since I was making these for my kiddos, I chose not to add some diced fresh jalapenos (sad face), but fear not! There’s still some great jalapeno flavor in there thanks to this…
If I was making this for other people who didn’t mind green things in their food (gotta love kids…), I would totally add in some diced fresh jalapeno to the batter. It would really elevate the heat level, without going over the top.
Making these is pretty simple and quick… I had my batter made by the time my oven came up to temperature 🙂
The first step is to cream the butter and sugar together with your mixer until it is light and fluffy, then add the eggs and honey and beat a few more minutes. Stir in your dry ingredients, then add your buttermilk, creamed corn, and green pepper sauce. Don’t overmix, you don’t want tough muffins. Just spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 15-17 minutes.
This little gadget right here… amazing! If you don’t have a cookie scoop, or just don’t feel like digging it out of your utensil/gadget drawer…. you know you all have one… that one drawer that becomes the bermuda triangle for kitchen utensils. They go in… never to return. Lol, okay maybe that’s just me…. or they ran off with all those missing socks from the dryer.
Anyway lol, these scoops are awesome. They’re called batter spoons, and mine are made by Wilton (love that brand!). Mine were a Christmas gift, but here’s a link where you can get some for pretty cheap: Wilton 2103-1112 Scoop-It Batter Spoons, Set of 3. The middle sized one is perfect for regular muffin tins, the small one for mini muffins and the large one for jumbo muffins 🙂
Don’t miss a new recipe, enter your email below to stay updated!
Recipe from Kevin and Amanda
Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp Green Pepper Hot Sauce
- 8.5 ounce can cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 12 muffin cups lining with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk to remove any clumps.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. This can be done with a hand mixer as well.
- Add in honey and eggs and mix for another 2-3 minutes. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Slowly mix in buttermilk, hot sauce, and corn. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon ⅓ cup batter into each prepared muffin cup (or fill liners about 1/2 to 2/3 full).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Linked to Made By You Monday | Melt in Your Mouth Mondays | Munching Mondays | Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesdays | Try a New Recipe Tuesday | Take A Look Tuesday | Totally Talented Tuesdays | Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party | Simple Suppers | What’s Cooking Wednesdays | Whimsy Wednesdays | The Wednesday Roundup | Wordless Wednesday | Showcase Your Talent Thursdays | Full Plate Thursdays | Favorite Things Blog Hop | Foodie Fridays | Fiesta Fridays | Pure Blog Love | Pin Junkie Pin Party | Foodie Friends Friday | Foodie Friday and Everything Else | Fresh Ideas for Your Home | Friday Favorites | Show Stopper | Best of the Weekend | Show and Tell Saturday | Link Party Palooza