I absolutely LOVE Mexican food, and whenever we go out, I’m usually craving some chicken fajitas. That enticingly smokey aroma that wafts through the whole restaurant as the waiter carries out your sizzling platter of delisciousness…. *drools*. These oven baked chicken fajitas are ahhhh-mazing and ridiculously simple!
Slice up your veggies, and slice your chicken into similar sized strips.
Toss your veggies and chicken into a 9×13″ pan, sprinkle with your spice mixture, drizzle with vegetable oil and toss to combine everything really well. Don’t use a kitchen utensil for this one, use your best 2 tools you have… your hands 🙂 Go on, get messy, it’s fun and does the job quickly 😉
Now just put them in a 400 degree oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
Ding!! Your fajitas are finished!
Top with your favorite condiments and salsa 🙂
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 2 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 medium green bell peppers sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers sliced
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 8 6- inch flour tortillas
- sour cream optional
- fresh cilantro chopped optional
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients for the fajita seasoning in a bowl
- and set aside.
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into strips. Place them in a large 13×9 baking dish. Slice the
- chicken breast into thin strips and add it to the baking dish with the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the meat and vegetables. Drizzle the vegetable oil over
- everything and then use your hands to toss the ingredients until they are well coated. Bake
- for 35-40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- Squeeze the juice from half of the lime over top of the baking dish once it’s baked.
- Place some meat and vegetables in the middle of a flour tortilla, top with your favorite fajita
- toppings and enjoy!
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Recipe adapted slightly from Budget Bytes