Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Pie
Rich, creamy and exploding with peanut butter flavors, this peanut butter pie is the ultimate no bake dessert! The nutter butter crust is to die for. Easy to whip up, and uses only 6 ingredients!
NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
HOW TO MAKE A NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- Combine butter and finely crushed Nutter Butter bars and press into pan.
- Mix together cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread into pan, and spread a layer of just whipped cream on top.
- Drizzle microwaved peanut butter over the top and sprinkle on some crushed Nutter Butter bars.
Serve and enjoy! Just 6 ingredients and so, so simple.
VARIATIONS OF PEANUT BUTTER PIE
Obviously the peanut butter has to stay, but what about some other flavor options?
- Crust – crush up some chocolate or regular graham crackers and combine with butter to make a differently flavored crust.
- Stir-ins – when mixing up the peanut butter layer, stir in some Reese’s pieces, chopped peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, etc.
- Toppings – you don’t have to keep this pie ALL peanut butter if you don’t want to, some melted chocolate on top is beyond heavenly! So are some chopped peanut butter cups, peanut butter or chocolate candies, etc.
MAKING NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE AHEAD OF TIME
The best part about this no bake pie, other than the fact it’s delicious, is that it’s DEVELOPED to be made ahead of time! You’ll want this pie to sit and chill for several hours, or overnight, for the best flavor and stability.
This recipe calls for the pie to be refrigerated several hours before serving, but the whole pie can be stored (covered) in the refrigerator for several days.
Yes, peanut butter pie can be frozen! In fact, it’s tasty frozen too. Just let it sit out for a bit before you try to slice or eat it. Or, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and serve the next day.
STORING NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
This pie needs to be refrigerated, so don’t leave it out for more than 2 hours. Bacteria can grow rapidly at room temperature.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT USED TO MAKE NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
There are two things I like to use when making this pie recipe:
- Hand Mixer – I find this really beats the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar together really well, and there’s no need to lug out my huge stand mixer!
- Springform Pan – Ever tried to get the first slice of pie out of a pie pan and had it just destroyed? Oh yeah, me too! A springform pan has a latch that releases the outer ring, allowing you perfectly straight sides, and best of all, easy slice and serve-ability! I honestly don’t know why I didn’t do this before!
BE SURE TO SCROLL DOWN TO CHECK OUT OTHER READERS’ COMMENTS!
AND DON’T FORGET, IF YOU’VE MADE THIS RECIPE, LEAVE A COMMENT AND PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING!
Nutter Butter Peanut Butter Pie (No Bake)
- 16 oz package Nutter Butter bars, - crushed (reserving about 1/2 cup for topping)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, - melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, - softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup thawed whipped cream topping - (such as Cool Whip)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- additional whipped cream topping
- remaining crushed Nutter Butter bars
- Line an 8 or 9 inch springform pan with parchment and nonstick spray, set aside.
MAKE THE CRUST
- Add package of Nutter Butter bars to food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Remove about 1/2 cup of the chopped bars and set aside (for the topping).
- Continue pulsing until crumbs form. Remove food processor blades and stir in melted butter. Press into prepared pan in an even layer. Set aside.
MAKE THE FILLING
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar. Beat with hand mixer until evenly combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the whipped cream topping.
- Spread mixture on top of the crust in the prepared pan.
MAKE THE TOPPING
- Spread a layer of whipped cream topping on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Place 1/4 cup peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 20-30 seconds. Use a spoon to drizzle over the top of the pie.
- Spread a ring of crushed Nutter Butter bars around the top edge.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.