Deliciously spicy with hints of sweetness, these thai noodles are an amazing addition to your dinner table. Try them tonight!
If you’re looking to spice up your weeknight dinner routine, you have to try these spicy Thai noodles! This recipe uses regular, everyday ingredients and transforms them into a spicy dish you’re sure to love!
Most of the things I make are for the family, for dinner… but occasionally I make something just for my husband, for his lunches at work. These Spicy Thai Noodles are a great example 🙂 They are waaaaay too spicy for the family, but perfect for him. These noodles are very simple to make but pack a huge flavor punch!
Anything spicy is right up my husband’s alley, but he actually found these on Pinterest and I adapted the recipe to his tastes. And of course, I want to share it with all of you 😀
One of the best things about these noodles is that they use regular pasta. No special noodles to search for in the grocery store, just plain ol’ linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti. Awesome right? It also uses ingredients you may already have in your pantry and refrigerator!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING SPICY THAI NOODLES:
- Know what heat level you can handle! There’s a big range of red pepper listed in the recipe, because I wanted you to be able to customize this to your tastes. Be warned, using 1 – 1 1/2 Tbsp will make this reallllly spicy!
- These Thai noodles can be served hot, at room temperature or cold, so they’re totally versatile.
- Garnish! Usually garnishes are optional and sort of a take it or leave it situation… for this recipe they really elevate the flavors and make it taste even better, so try them if you can.
- Any long pasta will work here. I used linguine because that’s what I had, but spaghetti, fettuccine, angel hair, etc would work.
WHAT PROTEIN COULD I ADD?
This dish is naturally vegetarian, but yes, protein can definitely be added! Here are my favorites:
- Chicken – sliced into strips
- Pork – sliced into strips
- Tofu – the baked method described HERE is our favorite!
The next time you’re looking for something incredibly bold and flavorful to liven up your weeknight dinner routine, look no further than these spicy Thai noodles!!
Getting hungry yet? 😉
Recipe adapted from A Small Snippet 🙂
Recipe originally published in December 2014, but has been updated with new photos and clearer instructions.
WANT TO TRY THESE SPICY THAI NOODLES?
PIN THEM TO YOUR DINNER OR PASTA BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1 lb linguine pasta (or fettuccine spaghetti, etc)
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 Tbsp red pepper flakes (amount depends on how spicy you want it)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp honey
- Scallions carrots, peanuts, cilantro, Sriracha, and sesame seeds to garnish
- Chop garnishes and set aside.
- Boil pasta, drain.
- While pasta is boiling, heat oils in a large skillet with red pepper flakes.
- Once oil is hot, strain pepper flakes, reserving the oil in a bowl. Add reserved oil back into the skillet and add the chili paste. Whisk in soy sauce and honey.
- Toss pasta in the skillet with the sauce.
- Can be served hot, room temperature or cold. Top with garnishes and enjoy!
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!
The Chunky Chef is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Leave a Comment