No need to order take-out, this spicy ginger Szechuan beef is completely mouthwatering and ready in just 30 minutes! Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner!
All the great flavors you love about Szechuan beef, with a kick of fiery sweet ginger heat! This Szechuan beef is the ultimate in Chinese take-out comfort food, yet is incredibly easy and ready in just 30 minutes!
This post was sponsored by Veetee Rice. As always, the opinions here are my own.
** Post may contain affiliate links… meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll get a very small percentage in commission. There’s never any extra cost to you, and I only link to products I actually own and use. Your support is greatly appreciated! **
Has school started back up where you live? Our district started yesterday and I’m still in shock. How is it even possible that the summer is OVER?? Yikes. Of course, it’s hard to say that with a straight face, when temperatures are in the 90’s with what feels like about 90% humidity. Seriously, why do I even live somewhere that gets as hot and humid as it does here? Oh right, family, friends, and it’s home… but hey, a girl can dream right?
So since school is officially back in session, we’re in full on busy mode. Which means, Mama needs some quick dinner recipes! No one wants to slave over a hot stove for an hour or more at the end of a long day, especially when there’s homework to oversee, baths to give, etc. Ah the parent life… it’s a glamorous one 😉
This spicy ginger Szechuan beef recipe is ready in just 3o minutes! Actually, you could even get this on the table even faster, and here’s how…
How to Make Szechuan Beef Even Faster:
- Slice meat ahead of time (just place in sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready to cook)
- Even better, buy some pre-sliced stir fry beef from your local grocery store!
- Whisk the sauce ahead of time (just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready)
- Slice carrot, celery, and green onions ahead of time (keep in a sealed plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready)
Those things will cut your prep time down to virtually zero, meaning you can have this amazing Szechuan beef in about 10 minutes! That’s faster than you could drive to pick up some take-out!!
Another secret weapon for the ultimate quick and easy dinner is Veetee Dine In Rice. This rice comes in convenient 1 1/2 cup sized containers, and all you have to do is peel the plastic back about halfway, microwave for 2 minutes, then fluff with a fork and enjoy! I was a little skeptical of the whole concept of microwaveable rice, as I’ve had some really bad experiences with other brands, but Veetee never fails to impress! The rice is perfectly fluffy, light, and the Thai Jasmine variety is a little bit sticky, which you definitely want with an Asian dish.
Of course, you could spend 30-40 minutes cooking rice… but why would you? You can have all the great taste, with barely any effort!
This Szechuan beef is mouthwateringly spicy, but if you’re worried about too much heat, just tone down the sriracha and red pepper flakes to your desired heat level. With enough taming, Szechuan beef could even be a kid-friendly meal!
Some Helpful Tools to Make This Recipe:
Nonstick Jumbo Wok – Not necessary for the recipe, but super fun and a great addition to your kitchen arsenal!
Stir Fry Spatula – I use this spatula for cooking just about every dish I make!
More Great Asian Dishes!
Now you can try Veetee Dine In Microwaveable Rice… for FREE. Yep, that’s right… absolutely FREE. Enter below for a chance to win. The winner gets to choose the flavor of rice that they want, (click HERE to check out the flavor options), and then Veetee will ship the rice to you 🙂 Good luck!!
Giveaway runs from 8/12/2016 to 8/19/2016. Winner chosen at random. I will email the winner, and he or she must respond within 24 hours, or a new winner will be chosen. Thank you to Veetee for sponsoring this post and giveaway.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @the_chunky_chef on Facebook and Instagram!
- 1.5 lb flank or skirt steak or use pre-sliced stir fry beef from the store
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- VEGETABLE TOPPING:
- 3 inch celery stalks julienned into thin 2 long strips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 inch green onions sliced thinly, on a diagonal, into 1/2 pieces
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 inch of fresh Ginger grated or very finely minced
- 4 Tbps soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Slice steak, across the grain, into 1/4 inch thick strips (see picture tutorial HERE), and place in a large plastic bag.
- Add mirin and soy sauce and massage into the meat. Add cornstarch, seal the bag and toss/massage to coat the meat.
- Let meat marinate for about 10 minutes or so.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Slice vegetables and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to wok (or large saute pan) and heat over MED-HIGH heat.
- Add beef to hot pan (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan - you'll probably want to do at least 2 batches), and saute about 2-3 minutes. Remove beef to a plate and cook remaining batches.
- Add sliced vegetables to the hot pan and cook about 1-3 minutes (depending on how tender you want them), stirring often.
- Pour in Szechuan sauce and cook about a minute, until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked beef and turn to coat in the sauce.
- Serve over Veetee Dine In Rice.
Want to save this recipe for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own recipe box!